Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Cara speaks

They say a picture is worth a thousand words, but I don't have any new pictures, so you're getting a thousand words instead.

This morning: "Booboo, Mommy! Put butt-paste on my booboo!" (translation: she wanted Benadryl cream, for insect bites.... which she thinks is diaper rash cream)

When I picked her up from school: "I played outside with Hazel, and Caleb, and Libby, and [in a dramatic, exasperated, 'you're in trouble' tone] Reece Thatcher!" (Reece apparently gets in trouble a lot, and consequently, her name cannot be said in a normal fashion.)

While in the bath: "Mommy, don't peepee in the sink. That is not nice." (I have no clue where this came from. I was not even close to the sink.)

While reading: "This is a moose, and this is a moose, and this is a moose, and this is a...... [long pause for reflection]... not-moose."

Just now, screaming in bed: "Turn the movie off! Turn the movie off!" (Turns out the "movie" is her "soother" music player that attaches to the crib. She had turned it on, but the batteries are starting to go and it sounds a little, well, sick. Now, why she didn't turn it off herself, I don't know. Maybe she was too traumatized.)

No comments:

Post a Comment