Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Cinderella scrubs the floors

I took these a week or so ago but misplaced my camera. I found it again tonight. It was well hidden. On the desk. Right in front of me. Um. Yeah.

This sounds like procrastinating, but really, I couldn't find it. Uh huh.

So... moving on... we had a lovely time making GOOP from the art book that our friends Karen and Jim gave Cara for her birthday. Goop consists of cornstarch and water and it's very, well, goopy. She had loads of fun making it...



And even more fun cleaning it up. (Will wonders never cease!)


I would like to mention that I do NOT make a habit of making my toddler scrub the floors.

But maybe I should! In any case, it was very nice having her actually clean up the whole mess by herself!

I think it's because she wanted to be Cinderella...

...and live in a castle with lots of "pretty dresses"....

(Sorry these are sideways.... not sure what's up with Blogspot.... hmmmm..... anyway you get the idea....)

3 comments:

  1. If she is for hire we would like to have her do a floor job for us! Pay is lots of hugs & kisses! Love her "House" from Grandpa Stew! He gets the brass ring for that gift! Hope in 10 years she likes to clean up as much as she does now!

    GeGe & DeDe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is "goop" the stuff that gets kind of dry and solid when you squeeze it and flows when you open your hand? I remember that stuff from daycamp but have no idea how to make it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's it. We put food coloring in it too, which was actually pretty cool. I'll post the recipe on FB - you should try it. Good toddler fun and not too messy.

    ReplyDelete