Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Strawberry Girl

I am woefully behind in posts... I will try to make it up this week!

A couple of weeks ago we went up to a pick-your-own strawberries farm in Dahlonega. We went up early in the morning to try and beat the heat (unsuccessfully, I might add). Mom and I picked and Cara "helped" put them in the buckets.





Of course we also had to sample the berries, you know, for quality control.


Cara was very diligent in this task, and tells us they all passed inspection, thank goodness.

We picked a ton of berries - probably more than we needed - but I froze a bunch and Aunt Meg promises to make some yummy concotions with them.


And about half of them were promptly made into strawberry shortcake and my birthday cake. If you have not had the pleasure of tasting my mom's strawberry cake... well... I am very sorry for you. Come to my birthday next year, and you can have some : )












4 comments:

  1. is your mom's strawberry cake like the you one made for us a long long time ago? Because if it is I want one!!! I still think about that cake. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great time you all had - wish we lived closer so we could sample too! GiGi & DeDe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wish we could have been there to inspect the strawberries too! GiGi & DeDe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kelly, it probably was. I only make one strawberry cake.... YUM : )

    ReplyDelete